I completed my doctorate training at the University of Manchester and qualified in 2005. In my varied experience in NHS and private sector mental health services, I developed expertise in adult mental health, substance misuse, personality disorder and risk assessment.
I worked for a mental health NHS Trust for 8 years and moved around to seek new challenges in different teams in the community, inpatient services, prisons and secure forensic settings. I was then appointed as a consultant clinical psychologist and clinical lead in a private sector hospital.
My current practice is focused on providing psychological therapy and a range of specialist assessments for the Court. In addition, I offer consultation services and bespoke training to organisations.
I pride myself on providing a personal service, getting to the crux of a problem, and treating each client as the individual they are. I love seeing people achieve their goals and amaze themselves.
Professional registration and membership
“Dr Bruce is an outstanding provider of supervision and training. In both fields of clinical practice and medicolegal reports, her name is synonymous with quality. I have no hesitation in recommending her.”
Dr Fairuz Awenat, Taylor-Awenat Ltd
Why choose me as your therapist?
- Skilled and experienced in integrating different models of therapy to effectively treat clients’ problems
- A strong background in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), the predominant evidence-based approach in the UK for a wide range of psychological difficulties
- 13 years of post-qualification experience further developing my skills within a clinical psychologist practice
- Trained and skilled in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for working with anxiety and depression, PTSD and complex trauma, and for professional coaching in the workplace
- Currently training in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) to add to my expertise to treat PTSD and trauma symptoms
Since training in ACT in 2015, this approach has transformed how I work with people in therapy. I often integrate ACT with the effective components of traditional CBT, for example when working with eating problems, OCD, and alcohol and drug use.
Why choose me as an expert witness?
- Extensive experience in providing specialist psychological assessment reports from my 13 years in clinical practice
- Since 2010, I have prepared over 300 expert witness reports for legal proceedings
- Trained by leading experts in the field of personality disorder and risk assessment
- Experienced in the assessment of risk of violence, suicide and self harm, spousal violence, stalking, and sexual violence
- Trained as an expert witness with Bond Solon. You can view my profile on the Bond Solon national register of certified expert witnesses here.